Southern Arizona Senior Games -
Urgent Request for Volunteers
The Southern Arizona Senior Games' pickleball tournament will be held in Quail Creek on March 6-8. QCPC provides assistance to make this tournament a great experience for all attending.
1. Volunteers and referees are needed for all three days of the tournament being held at our courts. This is a big event that draws players from all over. Please help show off our hospitality and love of pickleball by volunteering. To referee check Referee, for other opportunities check Volunteer.
2. We need volunteers to assist with parking shuttles from 2-6 pm each day. We need:
- Golf carts (especially ones with an extra back seat), and
- Volunteers willing to take approximately two hour shifts shuttling people to their cars parked along Quail Crossing Blvd.
Assisted Play for BeginnersAssisted play gives beginners a chance to play with other beginners while more experienced players watch and give pointers on how to improve their game. This is not a lesson, but it will give you playing experience. If you have taken a lesson and/or have some playing experience, this is a great way to improve your playing skills. The first hour will be assisted and the second hour will allow the beginners to play. Assisted play will be on March 5 from 1 PM to 3 PM on Courts 5-7. You must sign up to attend. Sign up here. There is no Assisted Play on March 8 because of the Senior Games.
Courts Closed for Senior Games
March 6th-8thThe Pickleball portion of the Green Valley Senior Games will occur on the Quail Creek courts from March 6 to March 8. All QCPC activities will be canceled during that time period, including the round robin, open play, assisted play, and drills. The Senior Games Pickleball Tournament is a great event, so plan to come out and watch some good pickleball and cheer on your fellow QCPC members who are playing in the tournament. Bring along a chair, some water, and enjoy the show.
Board Meeting on March 5th
The QCPC will meet on March 5 from 12 noon to 2 PM in the Conference Room of the Kino Center. All members are welcome to attend. If you would like to have something added to the agenda, please contact President, Jean Bustard, 303-921-8139, email@example.com.
Message from Your USAPA Ambassador
On March 24th and 25th, a pickleball tournament to raise funds for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (USAPA 2018 charity of choice) will take place at the Quail Creek courts. The tournament will be like the weekly QCPC round robins, except you do not change partners, and for consistency and ease of play, there will be referees to keep score.
Unlike other tournaments, in lieu of a registration fee, a donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is requested. We hope to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by selling raffles and a silent auction for the following prizes:
· 2 Paddletek Paddles
· Selkirk Amped paddle
· Free pickleball lessons from Scott Moore, Sean Rickard, and Joey Farias
· Digital instruction drills and video analysis by Mark Renneson
· $500 discount for Prem Carnot boot camp
· Gift cards to Safeway, The Grill, 50’ Diner, Nancy Pantz, Desert Sky Cinema, Octopus car washes
· Lunches at El Patio, La Posada gift basket
· Haircut from American Hair, manicure from Blossom Nails,
· Massages, and more
There are still openings in the 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 categories for men’s, women’s, and mixed doubles. To register go to the QCPC web page and click on Quail Creek Classic Pickleball Tournament. If you are unable to play, we hope that you will stop by to make a donation to St. Jude, buy raffles, or bid on the wonderful donated prizes.
USAPA Ambassador Sahuarita/Green Valley