RACE FOR SUMMER
BLIND DRAW/MIXED DOUBLES ROUND ROBIN AND POTLUCK
As summer quickly approaches and we say good-bye to even more of our snowbird/cool weather friends, let’s gather on the courts for one more club social. Only members can play in the Round Robin. Come dressed for warm temperatures and, as always, lots of pickleball FUN!
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Time: Sign-in 7:30 a.m. – 7:50 a.m.
Play begins: 8:00 a.m.
Continental breakfast following
Sign up here to Play or Attend but Not Play AND to bring something. You must log in to SignUp Genius in order to sign up.
QCPC/GVR Inter-Community Play
QCPC/GVR Inter-Community Play begins on April 30 and continues through August. The first week (April 30-May 5), play will be on the QCPC courts. Play will alternate with GVR so that it will be on the GVR courts during the second week of May.
• The sign-up for the week of May 7 at GVR will begin on Tuesday May 1 at 7 AM. Go to the GVR website (click here) and then click on Inter-Community Round Robin for the Sign-up Genius link.
• The QCPC/GVR/Sahuarita/Tucson/Saddlebrooke will be invited to play
• The schedule for the following week (for all levels) will be published and be available on the GVR website on the Tuesday before at 7 am. Everyone signing up will be asked to put what club they represent in the comments section
• Schedule will be:
1. Monday 4.0+
2. Wednesday 3.5
3. Thursday 3.0
4. Saturday 2.5
• 18 players can sign up with 4 alternates
• We will reserve 4 courts each night (lighted)
• No club balls to be used. Each player playing will make a one time donation of $3 to start
• Everyone that is not QC will sign a waiver
• Ratings based on USAPA/IPTPA/club rating.
• We will play a full RR and keep track of wins
• The top 4 players with Wins each week will have a playoff
• If any of the top 4 players 3 weeks in a row are the winners, they will be moved up to the next level by the coordinator
• Each club will furnish coordinators to take care of their respective night
• The coordinators will get the emails of who has signed up and will let the alternates know if play is available for their level
• The coordinators will be in charge of the RR sheets, keeping the scores, check off the names, and collecting the $3, clean up (shutting off the lights)
• This is play by invitation to GVR/QCPC/Saddlebrooke/Sahuarita/Tucson
Wednesday Round Robins Continue Through May
Wednesday Round Robins will continue through May, except for May 16, which will be a QCPC social. The Round Robin will begin at 8:00 AM, with check-in from 7:30 to 7:50. Note that you must sign-in before 7:50 in order to play. If the numbers are large enough each week, there will be separate round robins for men and women.
Change in Evening QCPC Days
The QCPC Open play in the evening will be changing days of the week from Monday/Thursday to Tuesday/Friday beginning April 30th. This will last until the end of August. The start time of 6 pm stays the same through the summer, along with the reserved courts of 9-12. This is because Inter-Community play will take place on the Quail Creek courts on Monday and Thursday evening.
Minto Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match
Joey Farias and Catherine Parenteau battled tough opponents in the 19+ Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match. To see the match click here . Joey is from Tucson and does clinics here at Quail Creek.