IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
**IN YOUR BAG**
**REVIEW OF OPEN PLAY**
**REVIEW OF PADDLE STACKING**
**LOOKING LIKE A HIPPO**
Beginning July 8th
COURTS 5 - 8 WILL BE CLOSED
Beginning July 15th
COURTS 3/4/15/16 Will BE CLOSED
The work is expected to take a week for each section.
All other courts will be open.
These courts were chosen by the contractor due to the court conditions.
The courts will also be blocked out on our online court reservation system.
Next year the remaining courts will be resurfaced.
In Your Pickleball Ball Bag
Besides your paddle include:
Lots of Water
Copy of your ID
Copy of your medical card
Name & phone number of emergency
- Open Play will take place from 7 am to 9 am Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday
- Open Play courts on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday will be divided into 3 courts for Mens Doubles/3 courts for Womens Doubles, and 2 courts for Mixed in a RR format.
- QCPC members may come down at any time to play, but the RR will start at 7 am with a signup at the courts just prior to that. Those arriving later than that should use the paddle stacking regimen for being worked into the court.
- Saturdays courts 5-12 will be mixed Open Play not RR
- Wednesdays will continue to be a Mixed RR
- Sundays will be a continue to be Community Play from 7 am to 9 am
- Open Play on Monday and Thursday evenings will run from 7 pm to 9pm (change from 6pm to 8 pm)
REVIEW OF PADDLE STACKING
FROM SEPT. 2018 NEWSLETTER
A process (called paddle stacking) for rotating players onto courts is used when needed. Stack four (4) paddles together outside of court 11. When a game is finished, the first group of 4 paddles will rotate onto open court; the next group of 4 takes the next open court when the game is finished. Players coming off the courts will stack their paddles at the end. First is furthest to the left, end is further to the right when looking at the paddles. When members are waiting, players must exit court at end of game.
DON'T LET DEHDRATION GET YOU LOOKING LIKE THIS
(PHOTO BY CANDACE PLUMLEE - CHOBE RIVER BOTSWANA)