The POA COVID-19 Reopening Plan and Rules for Pickleball:
Please read them HERE so you will be aware of all requirements and recommendations. Page 3 has specific guidelines. In the very near future the POA will be providing 3 hand washing stations along with buckets with disinfectant solution for your pickelballs.
The new POA COVID-19 Reopening Plan and Rules for Pickleball prohibit spectators and guests.*** All players must stay on their reserved court. Swapping players with other courts is not permitted.*** Ball machines are not allowed unless privately owned, and not shared with anyone outside of the household. No round robins are allowed.
The POA guidelines also prohibit Club-sponsored events of any type:
o Open Play Round Robins
o Skill-Level Round Robins
o Organized Play
o Community Play
QCPC strongly urges everyone to
follow the USAPA guidelines to keep everyone safe,
this includes making reservations prior to going to the courts.
This will prevent player congregation and allow for Social Distancing.
The reservation page is now active to make reservations 7 days in advance.
The morning time slots 7 AM for 90 minutes and 8:30 AM for 90 minutes.
Only 8 courts will be available so limit your reservation to 1 per day.
There will be There is no Prime Time.
Recommended guidelines from the CDC and USAPA:
· Strictly limit group size and adhere to social distancing policies
· Wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal-use hand sanitizer to the courts.
· Do not play if you:
o Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
o Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
o Are a vulnerable individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
· Avoid contact with others, such as handshakes and high fives.
· Playing singles or practicing with a maximum of two people per court is recommended. Doubles play is not conducive to maintaining a minimum of six-foot social distancing and can result in incidental contact with playing partners.
· If you do elect to play doubles, it is recommended that you partner only with those who reside within your household.
· Adhere to CDC guidelines by not touching your face (after handling a ball or paddle).
· Consider using hand sanitizer between games.
· Wash your hands after each match
· Use your paddle and foot to pick up pickleballs and transfer them to your opponent
· Avoid changing ends of the court.
· Maintain proper social distancing from other players when entering and departing, between games and during time outs.
COVID - 19 is a viral illness that can be spread
person to person with close physical contact,
coming into contact with surfaces with the virus on it,
and from respiratory droplets
when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks .
While everyone is very excited to have the opportunity to play again, we all must remember that we are part of a Community, and each of us has a responsibility to protect the health of all Residents of our Community. Quail Creek Pickleball Club Board encourages you to follow all safety recommendations and best practices.